Shipping Cost & Surveys FAQs
3 months ago
– Thu, Oct 08, 2020 at 04:20:36 AM
Thank you for your patience as we've been working with BackerKit to fix the estimated shipping cost. If you skipped on add-ons or were concerned about your shipping cost, double-check your survey. We've fixed the problem.
Please note your card will not be charged until we lock orders (in about 25 days). If you use a card that has insufficient funds and we lock orders- your pledge may be canceled.
My shipping rate seems too high for Add-ons?
- Check your survey link from Backerkit again - we've fixed the error experienced by many. It should now show what you've already paid in shipping and respond appropriately when you select more add-ons.
- You'll notice your first item will add per expectation, however, if you do multiple add-ons we will have to charge you something - We can't ship heavier boxes for free =D
- If you're still having trouble with shipping charges, reach out to email@example.com
Can I still upgrade my Pledge Level?
- YES! Backers can still upgrade to different tiers. This is the best way to get discounts on shipping. Following instructions in this video.
I didn´t get my survey
If you haven’t received your survey, there are several things you can do to troubleshoot:
- Double-check the e-mail on file with Kickstarter - Often users have old e-mails still tied to their accounts (Particularly if you authenticate through Facebook).
- To make sure that emails from Backerkit don't get caught in your spam filter, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book. Avoid marking BackerKit e-mails as spam.
- Check your spam filters/archived e-mails. Subject lines to look for: Response Needed -- Get your reward for Project Nameor Reminder -- Response needed to deliver your reward for Project Name
- Check Kickstarter to ensure you backed the project - if you did in fact back the campaign - take a screenshot that includes your pledge details and Backer ID # / Pledge Number - send this Screenshot with your e-mail/Kickstarter Username included in the body of the e-mail to email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org. The Backerkit team can help you locate your unique survey link.
Apple ID Backers:
Backers who have pledged to the campaign using their AppleID but haven't completely set up their Apple Pay account (linking their email address to their Apple Wallet) will have issues receiving their emails from BackerKit.
Those backers have a @email@example.com email address and will need to reach out to the creator team or BackerKit Support to update their email address in BackerKit. You'll be able to reach out to BackerKit Support by clicking the "need help" link on your survey.
Please update your Apple Pay email as soon as possible to prevent this from happening in the future.
Hopefully, this update was helpful. Again - thank you for your support. Pictures of progress on manufacturing coming soon.
IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT YOUR PLEDGE
4 months ago
– Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 11:31:16 PM
For some, this may be your first Kickstarter so we wanted to review next steps and make sure we're all on the same page.
First - If you have questions - email us direct at firstname.lastname@example.org. DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS THROUGH KICKSTARTER OR IN THE COMMENTS. Now that the campaign is over - we are not checking the page every hour- for a quick response email us direct at email@example.com.
Surveys from BACKERKIT
We will be sending out a survey from BACKERKIT within two weeks.
Don't ignore this email - it's very important to take time within 48 hours of receiving the survey to make sure everything is correct.
The reason why there is up to a two week delay in sending you the survey is because there are many backers and it takes Kickstarter some time to clear all the transactions. This is normal and happens with every Kickstarter campaign.
The purpose of the survey from BACKERKIT is the following:
- Obtain your shipping address
- Obtain your phone number (We highly recommend providing your phone number so we can text or call you if there's any problem with your pledge)
- Collect any additional shipping charges based on Add-ons
- Confirm that your pledge level has everything you expected
- Provide you with one last opportunity to make any last minute changes to your pledge.
Will James address the signed card to an individual?
- Unfortunately no, there are so many backers this would be impossible. You will receive a signed card free for backing the project on Kickstarter.
How do I make sure the correct name is put in the instructions?
- In the survey, we will ask your for the name you want put in the instructions
What if my friend missed the campaign?
- They can still order! Share this link to a pre-order store we have available for a limited time: https://cafe-chaos.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders. If you pledged on Kickstarter - DO NOT place another order in the pre-order store or you'll get double charged. Wait for your survey - if there were issues with your transaction - it will give you a chance to correct them.
I want to change my pledge level - how can I do this?
- You will have one last chance to change your pledge level, confirm add-ons and add anything you may have missed in the BACKERKIT survey you will receive within 2 weeks
How will you conduct the meet and greet?
- If you pledged for the Panel Meet & Greet or Individual Meet and greet - you will receive additional information (times and format) and questions for you about this in your survey. James is excited to meet you - but please note in advance that his channel takes the majority of his time - he will do everything he can to meet with you for as long as possible on personal time. We need to respect his time.
My transaction didn't go through - how can I make sure I'll get my pledge?
- You can update your payment in Kickstarter. If this doesn't work - you will still receive our survey and a notification that you need to pay in order for us to send your shipment.
When will I receive the game & my pledge?
- Our goal from the beginning has been to get this to you in December of 2020. Please note - this is very ambitious, but we are hustling for you. Currently we are on track, but from experience - sometimes unforeseeable things happen. There are things outside of our control that could happen. There have been strikes at ports in the past and delays due to COVID in shipping. Despite these potential problems - we're committed to getting this product to you and will communicate if there are any issues.
Thank you all for your support - and against don't hesitate to reach out if there are any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Odd 1s Out Team